I’ve got most of the tedious sanding done and several coats of polyurethane have been applied.  Most of the assembly is done also.  I still need to put in the hinges, which are pretty easy to screw up!  If all goes well it should be in use by tomorrow.  It’s turning out better than I expected.  The wood on the top is really pretty.  Almost a shame to have to put something on it to cover it up.

We bought a new, fancy, flat screen tv recently and didn’t have anything to put it on, so I’m building a stand for it.  I’ve finished most of the hard stuff and dry-fitted it tonight.  Here it is so far.  It’s all cherry, cherry veneer and the door panels are curly maple.  It’s about 2 feet high and about 4 feet long.  So far everything is going good.